Celebrate February with one of these ideas
One of my favorite books is Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort and Joy. It was written by Sarah Ban Breathnache and published in 1995. There is a quotation and reading for each day following the threads of gratitude, simplicity, order, harmony, beauty and joy. Ban Breathnache weaves a beautiful and elegant tapestry of thoughts, ideas and gentle challenges, that when followed have the potential to lead us to real change in our lives - the discovery of who we really are and what we really long for.
Ban Breathnache shares ideas every month for joyful simplicities that allow you to savor the sweetness of the month...yes, even the cold and snow of a mid-west February.
- Try lighting candles all over the house on Candlemas Day, February 2. Relax and see how differet the word seems without electricity to blur the distinction between night and day.
- Invite friends to share in a pre-Valentines Day creative party to make your old cards to share with family, friends and loved ones.
- Write a love letter to yourself.
- Start forcing spring bulbs.
- For the ladies - Wear perfume or red lipstick every day.
- Enjoy flowers and or chocolates as a gift - from you to you.