By donating to us, you're helping the more than 21,387 people in Kane County facing unemployment get jobs.Read More
We challenge you to practice gratitude every day. You’ll feel the change.Read More
It is hard to believe that such successful people such as Oprah Winfrey and Walt Disney were fired from their jobs.Read More
Go ahead and order that Bacon Turkey Bravo, treat yourself to that Broccoli Cheddar Bread Bowl—you’ll be helping a fantastic cause.Read More
In Illinois our current unemployment rate is currently sitting at 4.3% as compared to the national average of 4.0% as of June 2018.Read More
The job market is changing and so is the way to apply for jobs. We can help you pave the way.Read More
12 million people remain unemployed, how can we lower that number?Read More
We know how hard it is to get back into the workforce.Read More
Our unemployment rate has dropped to 3.7%, and this is the lowest it has been since 1969. This is astonishing and something to be proud of; however, what about the 3.7% of individuals who are unemployed? This percentage is still incredibly significant considering our nation’s population. This means there are 12 million individuals who are still unemployed in the United States. We forget about these individuals who are isolated and unhappy because of their lack of employment. This 3.7% of people are looking at this number and thinking to themselves, “I am still here, and I am still unemployed.” We need to recognize that these individuals are struggling.
How do we better serve this 3.7% of individuals who are unemployed? One organization has the answer: do-over.me. Our organization serves the unemployed, underemployed, and unhappily employed. do-over.me aids this 3.7% to recognize their strengths, increase their self-awareness, and become happy with themselves. This 3.7% needs the aid of the other 96.3% of individuals who are employed and can support us in our efforts. With your donation, we will be able to reach out to this unemployed population and guide them towards a more promising future. With your help, we can make a difference in the lives of this 3.7%.
—Adriana Jones is a graduate student at Adler University and currently interning at do.over.me. Her passions are psychology, creative writing, and her dogs.
“So why can’t I get a job?”
Let’s talk. I bet we can help you develop some strategies to move forward more successfully by differentiating yourself from the roughly 6 million workers seeking employment. The number of job openings dropped slightly from the previous month’s record of 7.3 million to 7.125 million, according to the Labor Department. Health care and social assistance industries witnessed the biggest increase in vacancies; professional and business services had the largest decline.