NIDEC-SHIMPO AMERICA CORPORATION
INSIDE SALES / CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE - Posted 08.18.18
NIDEC-SHIMPO has established itself as a leading supplier of force related technologies and solutions. Established in 1952, SHIMPO located its corporate headquarters and main production facility in Kyoto, Japan. With traditional roots that began imbedded in the development of mechanical variable speed powertrains, SHIMPO grew into a more diverse manufacturer of force related components, systems, and services.
NIDEC-SHIMPO AMERICA has been supporting the North America market for more than 30 years in the Chicago, IL area. Their newly located headquarters in Glendale Heights, Illinois provides resources and infrastructure to facilitate the long-term expansion plans for North America.
We are seeking a highly motivated, self-driven team player that has the ability to perform in a dynamic environment. This individual will serve as a primary point of contact providing effective customer service support for all internal and external NIDEC-SHIMPO customers by utilizing excellent, in-depth knowledge of company products and programs as well as team members within the technical support group. Additionally, the will also engage in proactive outbound prospecting campaigns within an assigned territory. The Inside Representative is ultimately responsible for establishing and maintaining long-term customer relationships and customer satisfaction.
This position will be based out of our North American Headquarters in Glendale Heights, Illinois.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Process all sales orders; prepping, processing and acknowledging orders within 24hours of receipt. This includes managing customer blanket orders and web portals as necessary.
• Provide first level of technical support to distributor, OEM and end user accounts.
• Answer all incoming pre and post-sale customer inquiries; customer account setup, expedite requests, cancellations, pricing or stock checks, order status/tracking within 24-48 hours.
• Maintain a high level of order accuracy, with a minimal amount of order entry error.
• Handle customer requests for credit, returns, warranty and repair. Prepare Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) documents to be sent to the customer.
• Partner with Regional Sales Managers, Applications Engineers, Mechanical Engineers and operations team to meet and exceed the customer’s service expectations. Be the primary liaison between the customer, salesperson, engineering, material control departments.
• Confer with production, shipping, warehouse or parent headquarters to track product shipments.
• Prepare customer quotations and follow up with the customer or appropriate sales/application engineer. Monitor sales activities on a regular basis to stay up to date on territory activities.
• Establish and maintain customer records in CRM and/or ERP systems, including accounts/contacts, notes, leads, opportunities, quotations and other information for efficient handling of responsibilities.
• Proactively outbound call a pre-qualified list of accounts within an assigned territory via telephone and email. Capture and record key information, to be shared with appropriate Regional Salesperson.
• Develop and launch targeted email campaigns. (Industry, new products, other company announcements, etc)
• Assist with various projects as directed by the Inside Sales Manager.
• Perform other duties as necessary.
• Strong customer orientation, including the ability to understand and be empathetic to their needs and expectations.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from OEM customers, distributors and internal salespeople via telephone, email and in-person communications. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work cross-functionally with other intercompany departments, clearly communicating customer needs and expectations internally within the organization. Team mentality.
• Ability to deal with a variety of complex issues simultaneously and to follow through to completion. Creatively develop solutions to challenging problems.
• Detail oriented – must have a keen eye for purchase order details, i.e. shipping methods and customer addresses, payment terms, pricing, products, etc. • Solid time management skills; ability to organize and manage multiple priorities at a high level.
• Knowledge of MRP/ERP and CRM systems, with capacity to quickly learn new systems. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Motion Control industry knowledge, including basic knowledge of servomotors and gearboxes, a plus.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma + 2 Year College or University degree. Minimum 3 years experience in customer service.
Compensation and Benefits
At NIDEC-SHIMPO we see employment as a reciprocal relationship; one where we set high standards for those who work here, but also recognize and reward our team members for their contributions in the form of various company benefits.
• Competitive compensation
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD and LTC Insurance
• Generous 401k match
• Monthly bonus program
• Paid vacation and personal time
• Paid holidays
• Employee Relations Events
• Health club membership reimbursements
If you possess the passion and enthusiasm to bring an extraordinary experience to customers and work in a high energy team we want to hear from you!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Open Gym Assistant - Posted 08.18.18
Hanover Township Youth and Family Services is seeking a highly motivated and creative individual to assist in its popular Open Gym Program which serves youth ages 5-18 in the far northwest suburbs. Open Gym is a combination of recreational, educational and social activities that takes place in safe, supervised school and park district facilities. Candidate will assist in Positive Youth Development (PYD) and prevention services, including mentoring, youth leadership, recreational activities, homework assistance, leading STEM projects, teambuilding games and large and small group activities. The position holds the following hours:
School Year Hours: Monday – Friday 2:00pm to 6:00pm
Candidates must have a high school diploma, be 19 years of age or older and have one year of experience leading youth. The position is scheduled for 20 hours per week at $11.50 per hour. To apply, please submit a resume. An application for employment will also be accepted in lieu of a resume. Applications can be found at www.hanover-township.org. Applications should be submitted to the Outreach and Prevention Manager, Michael Cohen, at MCohen@hanover-township.org. Position is open until filled. EOE.
ConsultNet is hiring! Posted 08.18.18
We are currently accepting resumes for a Low-Level or a Mid-Level Computer Network Technician. If you are hungry for more opportunity to grow your technical knowledge and project management responsibilities, we may be a fit for you.
We are a 13 year-old customer service driven company working with small to mid-sized
companies located primarily in the western Chicagoland area. You will directly plan and
implement client IT strategy with focus on interactive communication with non-technical users and understanding how our services are applied and integrated into their businesses. Initiative within a Team environment will be appreciated and is what drives value to our clients.
-Microsoft Windows environments
-Network infrastructure and connectivity (TCP/IP, Routing, DNS)
-Strong sense of curiosity
-Enjoys challenge of continuous learning required for evolving technologies
-Able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
-Enjoy fast-paced/high-energy environment
-Ability to break down and simplify problems including big picture and root cause techniques
-Versed in business practices and how IT strategy can be incorporated as a tool
-Initiative to see beyond the immediate application and how IT solutions could drive value for the client
-Competitive compensation with client value based incentives
Please send resume via email to:
From Laurence Bradford, a contributor at Forbes - Read about 14 In-demand Tech Jobs Employers Are Struggling To Fill
While starting a new job is always exciting, it can also be a little nerve-wracking. These 19 companies boast awesome new employee programs that will help you learn about your workplace, meet your colleagues, and have you feeling right at home in no time. The best part? They're all hiring right now.
AARP Employer Pledge Partners
The AARP Employer Pledge Program is a national effort to help employers solve their current and future staffing challenges and direct job seekers to employers that value and are hiring experienced workers. Working with AARP, participating organizations have signed a pledge that they:
- Believe in equal opportunity for all workers, regardless of age
- Believe that 50+ workers should have a level playing field in their ability to compete for and obtain jobs
- Recognize the value of experienced workers
- Recruit across diverse age groups and consider all applicants on an equal basis
- Access the full list here.
These Are the 50 Fastest-Growing Women-Owned Companies in the U.S
Want to know how to generate income in retirement? Check this out.
Courtesy of the students in Miss Denise's class at The Brenham Community Center in Texas. They found us on line and reached out with this information.
Want to know what your worth? Check this out! payscale.com
Job Sites for Seniors (over 50) from temp work to full-time employment
The GIG Economy Job Sites
Upwork has over 1.5 million clients, so there is work for most types of freelancers. There are jobs for both beginners and experts, and projects can be as short as one hour or much longer.
Peopleperhour - If you are a writer, web developer, designer or SEO specialist, there is work for you here.
College Recruiter - If you are a recent graduate or a student, this is the perfect job site for you. They only offer jobs to students and graduates, and they list both entry level jobs and intern-ship. They offer work in accounting, marketing, business, education, computer science and more.
Freelancer is a competitive job platform, so it is ideal for confident and qualified freelancers. For each project, hopefuls compete with each other to prove their skills.
Freelance Writing Gigs is ideal for writers, editors, publishers and bloggers. It offers paid writing work, and it also runs a blog with tips on writing, blogging and business.